Air conditioning is the process of removing heat and moisture from the interior of an occupied space. It is common in the US, with 88% of new single-family homes constructed in 2011 including air conditioning, ranging from 99% in the South to 62% in the West. It has both domestic and commercial benefits.
Aside from keeping you cool, what other benefits does it offer?
1. Comfort – An air conditioner indeed provides a more comfortable interior environment for your home or business area. This is especially true during hot summer days. It keeps the air cool, refreshing, and comfortable.
2. Better Sleep – There are many ways for better sleep and one of these is having a cool comfortable environment conducive for rest after a tiring day. One’s core body temperature is also a critical factor in getting to and staying asleep. A too hot (or too cold) room interferes with natural temperature regulation which doctors say functions best at between 65 and 75 degrees. Air conditioning does help achieve the perfect temperature that will put you to sleep in no time.
3. Better Work Performance – Work is done more efficiently in a comfortable cool environment. Air conditioning can improve employee comfort making them more focused on the tasks at hand.
4. Reduces Risk Of Dehydration or Heat Stroke – Dehydration due to insensible water loss, most especially during summer, is a problem that can be solved through hydration and a cool environment with the use of an air conditioner. Hundreds of people have died from heatstroke. An Environmental Protection Agency study of heat-related deaths found that more than 9,000 Americans died from the heat between 1979 and 2013. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention state that, “air conditioning is the number one protective factor against heat-related illness and death.”
5. Asthma control – A 2011 study showed the benefits of central air conditioning on asthma. Air conditioners can reduce airborne triggers but only if filters are properly maintained. This would include dust mites, animal dander, pollen, and mold spores. They also work great for filtering non-allergic asthma triggers, such as smoke from wood fires, smoke from cigarettes, and various forms of air pollutants.
6. Fewer insects – The filters of your air conditioner also keep out insects and are more effective than a screen in an open window. This is beneficial especially to those with known allergies to insects.
7. A More Secure Home – Having air conditioners in our home will mean we keep our windows and doors closed. This also means more security for your home or building. After all, we all want to keep our loved ones and valuables protected from the hostile side of humankind.
All the mentioned benefits will NOT be achieved if your air conditioner is NOT efficient! Better contact Debord’s One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning at 440-286-6002 for a more comfortable, safe, secure, and healthier home space.